- This event has passed.
Crown & Brim Hat
November 6, 2017 - November 7, 2017
This is the perfect course for those who want to learn the couture techniques involved in creating a sinamay crown and brim hat
On this course:
• You will learn how to block the crown and brim using traditional techniques of steaming and pinning over a vast choice of wooden blocks.
• You will learn how to edge with wire and a bias piece and create different crown edgings.
• You will learn how to size your hat.
• You will create samples of trims including sinamay lilies, roses, leaves, bias strips, swirls, curls, free form shapes and bows and others depending on experience.
• We will look at balancing trim positioning and finish your hat to couture standard.