- This event has passed.
September 20, 2017
This is a perfect course for beginners or those wanting to learn how feathers can enhance your designs.
On this course:
• You will be given an introduction to different types of feathers which will provide you with the basis for your design including, goose, hackle, turkey, ostrich and peacock amongst others.
• You will learn several ways of manipulating feathers such as cutting, curling, twisting and forming flowers.
• You will arrange you feathers on a base and learn how to balance your design to create a flattering headpiece.
• Finally, you will be shown how to finish your design with elastic, band or comb
• By the end of the workshop you will have created a feather headpiece and acquired the skills to make more.