Fur Felt Winter Trilby
January 26, 2019
Fur Felt Winter Fedora (1 day)
£130 inc all materials
This course is aimed at:
- Students of any skill level who want to create a unique wearable Fedora hat for winter
The course will involve:
- Choice of black, grey, navy or tan fur felt
- Exploration of different trims you can use on Fedora’s.
- With tuition you will block your fur felt hood to your desired head size and shape.
- Creation of a feather trim or a petersham trim to adorn your hat
You will leave with:
- Knowledge of how to block a trilby crown using a choice of wooden blocks and using pinning and steaming millinery techniques and how to size your fedora and trim your brim to suit.
- An understanding of different trims including felt loops, feathers, felt leaves, cockades and the use of vintage braids.
- Information on suppliers and materials.
- A fedora hat (which fits!)