Intro to Thermoplastics and Creating with Ring Blocks
September 23 - September 24
With Rose Hudson
- learn the basics of using thermoplastics in millinery from someone who has used these materials in theatre millinery for many, many years. Learn when to use them, and when not to use them! Advantages and limitations
- do you own a ring block and wondered what to do with it? Learn how to use this very classic and versatile block to create a range of sophisticated turbanesque styles
- use Japanese paper sparterie to block your foundation. If you haven’t tried this marvellous millinery foundation, now is the time!
- Hand shape your own trims!
- learn immaculate fabric covering techniques!
Rose has worked as a milliner in Australia for 35+ years! She currently produces the millinery for ABC TV’s Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries, and also produced the hats for popular film The Dressmaker. She teaches theatrical millinery at Melbourne Polytechnic Prahran and for her own business The Very, Very Strict School of Millinery in Melbourne.
DON’T MISS THIS OPPORTUNITY TO TRAIN WITH ONE OF AUSTRALIA’S MOST EMINENT MILLINERS!!!