- This event has passed.
Introduction to Feather Techniques
October 8, 2019
Introduction to Feather Techniques (1 day) – £100 (inc all materials) – Level: All
This course is aimed at:
- Those wanting to learn how feathers can enhance their designs.
The course will involve:
- An introduction to different types of feathers and how they are used in our designs including, goose, hackle, turkey, ostrich and peacock amongst others.
- Time will be spent practicing the art of manipulating feathers and creating a feather mount.
You will leave with:
- An understanding of different feathers and their capabilities and application in millinery
- The ability to manipulate feathers.
- A variety of feather samples.
- An understanding of how feathers should be treated in order to make them millinery ready.
- A feather mount ready to attach to a design of your own, and the skills to create more.
- Information on suppliers and materials