Jinsin & Silk Explored
November 8 - November 9
This is the perfect course for those who want to explore working with Jinsin and silk Abaca.
On this course:
• You will explore and experiment with Jinsin. Jinsin is famous for its sculptural quality. It creates incredible shapes when curved and flexed. The silk can be stripped away to create a wild spray of fibres.
• You will explore and experiment with Abaca. Silk abaca is fine and smooth. It can be free-shaped, blocked or used for draping. Because this material is interwoven with silk, it is pliable and creates amazing curves when twisted and shaped.
• You will create a blocked base. You will then learn how to line the inside with a petersham edging .
• We will show you various trimming techniques including loops, swirls, curls and how to roll the edges then we will look at balancing trim positioning.
• You will learn how to professionally finish your hat and how to attach an appropriate head fitting
• By the end of the workshop you will be confident working with the inspiring new materials and be able to create more.