- This event has passed.
Creating a leather flower of your own design
WITH GALINA KOFOD
Participants will go through all the stages of the process of creating flowers from the leather.
This will include the preparation of materials, making patterns, assembling and finishing techniques. Students will learn how to work with a wide range of Japanese style flower making tools. The students will learn in detail how to make a beautiful realistic looking flower from leather. They will learn to modify existing patterns and design their own flowers. Depending on their progress, students can choose to make various roses including Old English Rose, Chrysanthemum, Poppy, Clematis, Dahlia, Orchid, Sunflower, Lily, Peony, Magnolia, and some other flowers. All these flowers are very distinct and in making them, the students have to use various elements of flower making techniques.
At the end of class, everybody will have a ready to wear leather flower of their own design.
Cost of the class is 185 Euro, it includes leather for flower making.
The duration of this class is 7 hours, from 10 am to 18 pm with an one hour break.
To secure your place at the class a deposit is required. Please pay it here
The deposit is refundable, less a service fee of 12 Euro, if you cancel your place before 15th February.
The balance should be paid before 15th February. Pay the balance here.
I will be teaching in English. Much of the class is visual learning and we will have a translator.
- Soldering Iron. Wand MUST be able to fit Tutor’s tools if you don’t have your own (recommend style here)
- Flower making tool heads for soldering iron (desirable, but optional). The Tutor will provide flower making tools for you to work with in the class. The students can buy a set of brass flower making tools and a soldering iron from the Tutor. These have to be ordered and paid for at least one month before the class so the Tutor can post them directly to you or the Venue of the class.)
- Pencil & pen
- Scissors to cut leather
- Disposable, medium (0.25-0.5 inch) paintbrush
- 2 pieces of cotton material (bed sheet thickness) 30cm minimum
- 1 piece of soft foam rubber, 15cm square, minimum 5cm thickness
- 1 piece of Hard foam rubber, 15cm square, minimum 5cm thickness
- Wire cutters
- Long-nosed pliers
- Disposable medium (0.25-05. Inch width ) paintbrush