- This event has passed.
Millinery Advanced – mornings
April 22, 2017 @ 9:00 am - June 3, 2017 @ 12:00 pm
All basic materials are provided for this class and included in the course fee.
The following topics will be covered during the course. It is desirable to have completed the Introduction to Millinery Workshop or to have had some previous millinery experience .
- Tools for millinery
- Block Foundation for Cocktail hat
- Shape, wire and cover a Cocktail Hat
- Making Silk Bias Binding
- Begin wire work project
- Demonstrate Flower making techniques
- Flower making Techniques
- Stiffened lace demonstration and workshop
- Project Completion
Students will have completed
- A cocktail headpiece
- A wire headpiece
- 3 types of millinery flowers
- Used stiffened lace for one project
All basic and foundation materials for this course are supplied in a kit. Specific millinery tools and hat blocks are supplied.