- This event has passed.
(1 day) £100 (inc all materials) – Level: Beginners
Tutor: Jenny Roberts
This course is aimed at:
- Those who are new to millinery and want to acquire a basic understanding.
The course will involve:
- An overview of millinery materials, techniques and styles.
- Tuition in creating basic sinamay trims including loops, swirls, bows, fans and folds.
- Creating a design using your new skills and finishing your design with elastic, band or comb. (You will be given a sinamay base in which to create your design.)
You will leave with:
- An understanding of different millinery materials and their use.
- The ability to create a series of sinamay trims.
- An appreciation of how to place trims on a base to create balance and a flattering silhouette.
- A finished sinamay headpiece.
- Information on suppliers and materials in order to create your own headpieces