- This event has passed.
October 16, 2017 - October 17, 2017
This is the perfect course for those who want to explore working with Parisisal straw.
On this course:
• You will learn how to block Parisisal using traditional techniques of steaming and pinning over a vast choice of wooden blocks.
• You will then learn how to line the inside with a petersham edging .
• We will show you various Parisisal trimming techniques including loops, swirls, curls and how to hand roll the edges of your Parisisal.
• We will look at balancing trim positioning and finish your hat to couture standard.
• You will learn how to professionally finish your hat and how to attach an appropriate head fitting
• By the end of the workshop you will have created a Parisisal headpiece and acquired skills to make more.
• By the end of the workshop you will be confident working with the inspiring new materials and be able to create more.