- This event has passed.
Sinamay Cocktail Hat
November 27, 2017 - November 28, 2017
This is the perfect course for beginners or those wanting to take their sinamay skills to the next level.
On this course:
• You will learn how to block a small button hat using the traditional method of hand blocking with pins and steam.
• You will learn how to finish the inside of your hat with petersham ribbon.
• You will create samples of trims including sinamay lilies, roses, leaves, bias strips, swirls, curls, free form shapes and bows.
• You will learn how crinoline, veiling and quills add depth to your design.
• You will use these new skills to trim your blocked button
• You will learn how to professionally finish your hat and how to attach an appropriate head fitting
• By the end of the workshop you will have created a sinamay headpiece and acquired skills to make more.