- This event has passed.
Wool Felt Cocktail Hat
December 4, 2017 - December 5, 2017
This is the perfect course for those who want to take their skills to the next level and work with felt.
On this course:
• You will learn how to block a small felt hat using the traditional method of hand blocking with pins and steam.
• You will then learn how to line the inside with a petersham edging .
• We will show you various trimming techniques; feathers, felt flowers, crinoline, bias strips, felt leaves, quills, felt or fabric bows, and veiling.
• You will use these skills to trim and finish your hat
• You will learn how to professionally finish your hat and how to attach an appropriate head fitting
• By the end of the workshop you will have created a felt headpiece and acquired skills to make more.