- This event has passed.
Advanced Crown & Brim Hat Blocking
November 14, 2018 - November 15, 2018
Advanced Crown & Brim Hat Blocking (2 day)
£225 inc all materials
This course is aimed at:
- Those who want to learn the couture techniques involved in creating a sinamay crown and brim hat.
The course will involve:
- Learning how to block a crown and brim using traditional techniques of steaming and pinning over a vast choice of wooden blocks.
- Practical knowledge of how to edge with wire and a bias piece and also create different brim edgings.
- Learning how to size your hat.
- Creating samples of trims including sinamay lilies, roses, leaves, bias strips, swirls, curls, free form shapes and bows and others depending on experience.
- Knowledge of balancing trim positionings and finishing a hat to couture standard.
You will leave with:
- A finished crown and brim hat.
- Knowledge of how to technically create a crown and brim hat in order to make more.
- Inspiration and knowledge in how to adapt this technique to create different looks and to make sure a particular head size is achieved.