- This event has passed.
Beginners Millinery / Sinamay Pillbox Hat
September 25, 2019 - September 26, 2019
(2 days) £195 (inc all materials) – Level: Beginners
This course is aimed at:
- Beginners who want to learn the art of blocking and trimming cocktails hats.
The course will involve:
- A comprehensive overview of millinery materials, techniques and styles.
- Practical application of blocking a pillbox percher on a wooden block.
- A series of sinamay trims will then be demonstrated and practiced including bows, fans, bias loops, veils, ruches, roses, lilies and free form shapes.
- Time spent exploring techniques and trimmings for your own design.
You will leave with:
- An understanding of which different hat shapes work for different face shapes, body shapes and dress silhouettes.
- Practical skills in blocking of sinamay, wiring pillboxes, attaching petersham and head fastenings.
- Samples of a variety of sinamay trims and understanding of how to secure them to your base.
- An understanding of design, proportion, balance and the application of colour
- A finished sinamay pillbox hat
- Information on suppliers and materials in order to create your own headpieces