- This event has passed.
Crin Designing and Sealing – demonstration
April 10, 2021
Online Demonstration via Zoom.
Saturday 10th April 2021. 9am – 1pm GBP and repeated at 3pm – 5pm GMT
This two-hour demonstration is designed to make you fall back in love with crinoline. Demonstration leader, Denise Innes-Spencer, has had a fraught relationship with this fabric in the past but, after working closely with designers who love this fabric, she has learned to love it too. This course shares the love for crin by teaching new ways of working and using a historic fabric to make cutting-edge designs.
This demonstration is for improvers with an understanding of millinery terms. Not suitable for beginners.
This is a step-by-step demonstration course, learning how to use crin. Using Denise’s unique-techniques, she will guide you through construction as you plan, assemble and trim your crinoline after sealing, culminating in the methods of creating your headdress or hat using crinoline.
Students will learn:
- the history of the fabric and types of crin
- which tools to use
- which equipment to purchase and use for sealing crin
- who are the best suppliers to use for tools and crin
- how to use the cotton drawstring
- new types and styles of crin
- how to make cutting edge designs
- how to finish crin designs with precision and clean edges
PLEASE NOTE: Details of how to buy supplies, tools and where to get them from will be given when booking. Full notes/patterns (if required) will be e-mailed once you have booked on the course.