- This event has passed.
Flower Making (2 day)
March 14 - March 15
This course is aimed at:
- Those who have always wanted to make detailed flowers to adorn hats, headpieces, bridal designs or corsages.
The course will involve:
- Working with a range of silks/fabrics in different compositions and discussion on the pros and cons of these materials when making flowers.
- Understanding of how to apply these techniques to other fabrics such as man made fibers.
- Exploring a variety of shaping tools including some time honoured techniques whilst creating different flowers.
- A tutorial on stiffening your fabrics along with recipes for a variety of other stiffening techniques will allow you to practice the techniques you learn at home along with the paper patterns you use.