- This event has passed.
Virtual Felt Winter Fedora
January 13, 2022 - January 14, 2022
Prior to the Course
- Video on how to prepare and stiffen your felt prior to the course
- Information on where to purchase your felt and what to look for
- Techniques on how to block the crown and brim in one using any of the following:
- Crown – Oval crown block at least 12cm tall (pinches can be put in after) or a fedora or trilby crown block in the size and shape you wish to use. Crown blocks should be your desired size
- Brim – a slanted or flat brim block or a flat wooden surface larger in size you wish your brim to be and the ability to use blocking pins in it.
- How to fit your headband preferable with stretch velvet ribbon (or if a quick sewer petersham)
- How to size and cut your brim
- How to trim the outside of your hat with Petersham ribbon
- How to create a simple petersham bow and a simple cockade
- How to create a feather mount for your Fedora