- This event has passed.
Lily of the Valley – Live Online Demonstration
March 2 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
A live demonstration to show you my techniques of making a perfect sprig of Lily of the Valley and their leaves.
The demonstration will run for approximately two hours, and will cover all the elements of making Lily of the Valley:
- Silk stiffening process
- Bonding two layers of silk together
- Making stamens
- Using the two-part lily of the valley tool
- Curling the tips of the petals
- Making a bud
- Binding the flowers with silk to make a stem of flowers
- Showing different ways to make leaves with abaca silk and mixing perfect shades of green
After the demonstration there will be a chance to ask questions and discuss.
A recording will be available for six weeks after the class, and if for any reason you can’t make the Zoom event, the recording will still be made available to you.
I will send an email with links to the recording, and templates you can print out (you’ll need access to a printer), written instructions, a list of materials and tools you will need, as well as useful suppliers.