- This event has passed.
Open Crown Felt Fedora – Online
September 25, 2020 - September 27, 2020
Lina Stein has developed a combination of HATTING & MILLINERY that fuses the male and female worlds under one hat!
Don’t hesitate…. come and see which way yours will go!!
Using just one basic crown block, a flat wooden surface along with plenty of steam, and lots of elbow grease you will learn to transform your beautiful millinery felt into a style of hat that has a voice and a charm capable to captivate the world all around!!
The look will be cool as a Trilby or suave as a Fedora. In addition to the hat’s intellectual and sophisticated looks, she can also be tough as an Akubra and tango like a Goucho..!
This package incorporates a free vintage hat lining session as well!
- Workshop notes
- Certificate of Excellence
- The workshops will be split over 3 days : like this we will be able to let our hats dry/settle and you will be able to complete your homework !
Day one – 2.5 hours
Day two – 2.5 hours
Day three – 2.5 hours
- Class participation will be limited to max 10 people to ensure personal attention
- Plenty of question time, online interaction and personal assistance built into the Zoom sessions
- Students will be introduced to the OPEN CROWN HAT CONCEPT (or “Mother-Hat”) and learn about the beauty of millinery felt
- Lina will explain and demonstrate the vast possibilities that can come from one basic shape.
- You will learn how to prepare, stiffen and block your crown and brim by hand using Lina’s methods.
- Learn a selection of techniques using steam to shape the brim without a block
- Wire and finish the brim edge professionally using petersham ribbon.
- Lina will share a few different ways to create bows and trimmings that are suitable for men’s and ladies hats
- Learn how to give your fedora or trilby crown it’s unique ‘pinch or groove’ by hand
- Learn professional felt-polishing techniques
- Make vintage drawstring linings
On securing your place, you will receive an email which includes confirmation, your Zoom invitation, instructions how to use Zoom, list of materials and equipment necessary for the workshop plus workshop prep instruction.