- This event has passed.
Parisisal Straw Explored
March 6, 2019 - March 7, 2019
Parisisal Straw Explored (2 day)
£225 inc all materials
This course is aimed at:
- Those who want to explore working with Parisisal straw and experiment with the many possibilities it brings. Previous experience of blocking sinamay is needed.
The course will involve:
- Learning how to block Parisisal and its foundation materials using traditional techniques of steaming and pinning over a vast choice of wooden blocks.
- A tutorial in how to create a Parisisal brim.
- Learning how to wire and line the inside with a petersham ribbon.
- Exploring various Parisisal trimming techniques including loops, swirls, curls and how to hand roll the edges of your Parisisal.
- A tutorial on balancing trim positionings.
- Learning how to professionally finish your hat and how to attach an appropriate head fitting.
You will leave with:
- A Parisisal headpiece and have acquired skills to make more.
- Confidence in working with this inspiring material.
- Information on suppliers and materials.