- This event has passed.
Working with Crinoline
October 29, 2021
Crinoline is one of the most popular and versatile modern materials so much loved by milliners for its light yet firm and graceful, floating-like appearance.
This course is designed to let you discover tricks and techniques of shaping and manipulating crinoline to mount it on hats or to create trimming pieces and decors. You will learn how to work with this fascinating material to create eye-catching designs and give a unique personality to your headwear.
– Learn properties of the materials, the variety of crinoline shapes/textures available in the market
– Learn how to manipulate the material to make volume and texture while creating dramatic silhouettes
– Binding edges to stop crinoline from fraying
– How to create textures by DEFORMING crinoline
– Creating brims for hats and fascinators
– Supporting pillbox hats by using tubular crinoline
– Wiring the crinoline to create a firm shape
All the techniques will allow you to start practising and developing your skills further and will allow you to get more confident working with crinoline. By the end of the class, you will make several samples trying different techniques.