Virtual Leather Button and Basket Weave Brim
November 10 - November 17
This course is aimed at:
- Those who want to learn the couture techniques involved in creating a button crown and brim hat. This is an advance course and would only be suitable for a milliner who has had a lot of blocking experience.
This course will take place over the 2 days in 2 x 4 hour blocks and run from 9.30am – 1.30pm (UK Time) please note a further 4 hours independent sewing time will be needed between the 2 parts of the course.
THIS COURSE WILL BE RECORDED AND AVAILABLE TO REVIEW FOR 4 WEEKS AFTER THE COURSE
Jenny Roberts is one of the North’s leading milliners. Recognised for her couture brand, she has been creating beautifully crafted pieces for her clients for over 18 years.
In 2015 Jenny Roberts launched ‘The School of Millinery.’ She offers tuition in all aspects of millinery from her studio in Harrogate, UK and also virtually via zoom. She teaches to the highest standard for hobby or professional milliners and caters for all abilities. She has many years of experience in designing, making and teaching millinery and is thrilled to have taught at London Hat Week, for ‘The British Millinery Association’ and for ‘The American Institute of Millinery’ and well as being an instrumental part of the Education Committee for ‘The British Hat Guild.’
The course will involve:
- Learning how to block a leather button using fosshape as the foundation using traditional techniques of steaming and pinning over a button percher block
- Creating a bias brim (no block required) from Basket Weave Sinamay
- Learning the techniques involved for fixing the button under the crown to create a Dior Style Look
- Creating smaller basket weave bias pieces as trims
- Knowledge of balancing trim positioning and finishing a hat to couture standard.
Level – Advanced
- November 10
- November 17
- Event Category:
- Online Courses
- Event Tags:
- advanced, basket weave sinamay, brim, button, jenny roberts, leather, online, virtual
- Jenny Roberts Millinery
- 01423 816511
- View Organizer Website
- Online Virtual Class