Millinery Workshop Short Course
July 8 - July 12
Whether you’ve got your eye on a career as a professional milliner or becoming the best amateur around, this intensive 5 day workshop is an opportunity to sharpen up your skills and get off to a flying start. Suitable for both beginners and intermediate students, this action-packed course will give you tips, techniques and hands-on practice.
From adding warmth and style to your daily commute, to turning heads at Royal Ascot, there’s always an excuse to wear a hat. So, get equipped to whip up an impressive bespoke piece for yourself. You will make two (or more!) of your own hats to take away using cosy wool felt and stunning sinamay – with industry tips from an expert throughout.
In this comprehensive and informative workshop, each student is encouraged to work at their own pace and we will get hands-on the first morning so that you can start seeing progress straight away.
Whether you are interested in designing and making hats for pleasure or thinking of embarking on a more commercial venture with your work, this course is the ideal place to start. The workshop atmosphere of the course allows flexibility so that each person’s experience, ability and taste are taken into consideration.
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain things in easy to understand, accessible English. If they need to use any special terminology they will make sure they explain what they mean.
- New methods will be shown to students through live demonstrations, in a way thats crystal clear and easy to understand.
- Experience life on campus
- Network and share ideas with students from across the globe
- Access the technology and materials relevant to your discipline
- Shop in our college shops for any materials you might need
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Experience the many sights of London on your down time
A certificate of completion:
- You’ve put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- We always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are great to compliment your cv.