- This event has passed.
Millinery for Fashion and Costume
August 21 - August 25
This course is perfect for anyone looking to add to their portfolio of skills as a costume or fashion professional, or hobbyist. Millinery skills are very transferable. You learn to think in 3D and also about project planning and outcomes. Hats can be for fashion (weddings, races, photoshoots) or for costume (cosplay, re-enactors, theatre and film). The course is also designed for people who’ve always thought ‘I’d love to do millinery’ and they can then see where it takes them.
On this course, you will:
- learn millinery stitches and construction techniques
- gain equipment knowledge and training
- understand and work with materials used in millinery
- apply cover trims and finishing techniques
- learn the context of contemporary millinery and its history
- discuss your ideas about where to take your millinery next
You’ll be introduced to techniques through group demonstrations, samples, paper-based instructions and one-to-one feedback and tutorials.
Professionals can use this course to boost existing skills, or you might want to explore career avenues you haven’t considered by adding millinery to your portfolio.
Tutor: Sharon Bainbridge
- Course Fee: £695
- Start Date(s): 21 August 2023
- Duration: Monday to Friday, 10 am to 4 pm, one week