Vintage Millinery Short Course
August 12 - August 16
During this course you will learn to make three different styles of ladies head wear from a selection of 20th century styles: 1920s cloche, 1940s turban and a 1950s headpiece.
The course will cover historical fashion and specialist millinery techniques such as blocking, stitching, trimmings and linings, in which you will be working with a variety of materials from wool felt, foundation materials and silk.
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain things in easy to understand, accessible English. If they need to use any special terminology they will make sure they explain what they mean.
- New methods will be shown to students through live demonstrations, in a way thats crystal clear and easy to understand.
- Experience life on campus
- Network and share ideas with students from across the globe
- Access the technology and materials relevant to your discipline
- Shop in our college shops for any materials you might need
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Experience the many sights of London on your down time
A certificate of completion:
- You’ve put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- We always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are great to compliment your cv.