Virtual Bridal Vintage Style Headpiece
October 2 - October 9
Tutor: Jenny Roberts
This course is aimed at:
- Those who are interested in vintage inspired materials. Also those who want to incorporate lace, veiling and beadwork onto their designs to give a vintage or bridal inspired feel.
- Course TimingsThis course will take place live over the 2 days in 2 x 4 hour blocks and run from Monday 2nd & 9th October 2023 – Times – 1pm – 5pm (UK Time). A further 4 hours independent sewing time should be put aside in between the two sessions.THIS COURSE WILL BE RECORDED AND AVAILABLE TO REVIEW FOR 4 WEEKS AFTER THE COURSE
The course will involve:
- Blocking and wiring a free form base from buckram with the bias lip technique to ensure no stitches show on top.
- Covering the foundation in your choice of silk/fabric/lace.
- Stiffening and wiring guipure lace to incorporate onto your headpiece.
- Using a variety of beads you will learn how to embellish your headpiece.
- Attaching veiling including the creation of a bird cage veil.
- Creation of simple silk flowers to trim and finish your piece from organza
- Exploring how to position your trims for maximum impact and balance.
- Finishing your headpiece with the appropriate head fittings.