Virtual ‘How to Cost a Hat’
Tutor Jenny Roberts
Pricing can be tricky, have you ever struggled working out what price you should sell your designs for? Especially trying to make sure you are earning what you need to and what you deserve from your passion!
Jenny takes you through a step by step process along with a logical spreadsheet (emailed to you) which you can use easily, quickly and reliably to work out how to charge for your millinery. She also explains the in’s and out’s of costing and other variables and challenges to consider.
This course is recorded and emailed to you along with the spreadsheet within 24 hours of your purchase.
The session will cover the following:
- Different types of pricing explained
- Identifying your business overheads
- How to calculate easily what you spend on materials
- How identifying the number of making days per year is essential to a successful business
- Identifying variables on the time you spend making
- Discussion on how, what you want/need to earn affects your pricing
- Discussion on how manipulate your labour costs in line with your speed of working and experience affects your costs
- How to calculate you ‘Cost’ ‘Trade’ and ‘Retail’ price
An excel spreadsheet with inbuilt formulars of all the above will be included in this course and emailed to you directly along with the link to the recording showing a detailed presentation on the above (the template is available in different currencies please ask in the notes column in the check out when booking the course)
Also included are:
Tips on how to get the price you want for your millinery
Tips on how to cost millinery quickly and set a price list.