Virtual Straw Boater 21 & 28 September
September 21 - September 28
This course is aimed at:
- Those who want to further their skills to creating crown and brim hats which fosshape as the foundation. This course needs a round button block but only a flat wooden surface for the brim.
This course will take place live over the 2 days in 2 x 4 hour blocks and run from Thursday 21st & 28th September – Times – 5.30pm – 9.30pm. A further 4 hours independent sewing time should be put aside in between the two sessions.
THIS COURSE WILL BE RECORDED AND AVAILABLE TO REVIEW FOR 4 WEEKS AFTER THE COURSE
The course will involve:
- Learning how to block a crown and brim using fosshape as the foundation, sinamay as the underside and straw as the top layer.
- Learning the techniques involved for assembling the 3 layers
- Wiring the edge of the boater
- Internally finishing the boater
- Identifying and creating the right head fixing using a hand made wired head fitting
Level – Advanced – advanced blocking skilled required as this is a technically challenging course